Thursday, January 22, 2015

Goals

I need help. Just signing up for this blog was a frustrating process. Partly because I couldn't remember my google password, so my first goal will be to:

1. find an app where I can store all my usernames and passwords!

Honestly, I decided to take this class because I know this is an area my students want explore and teaching with technology is extremely engaging. I'm definitely not proficient in technology and know I have barely skimmed the surface as far as my understanding of effective teaching with technology. Not to mention it's three free credit hours... This brings me to my second goal:

2. find websites and/or apps to enhance my lessons

Lastly, I want to use technology in the classroom that promotes a culture of learning. This bring me to my third and currently final goal:

3. find ways to manage behavior and promote positive interactions within my classroom

I might as well start with realistic goals and if I reach them quicker than I anticipate, I'll add more. 

4 comments:

  1. Josie - I want an app or usernames and passwords too :) Let me know what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie,
    Have you used Class Dojo before? It is a great way to promote positive behavior. If you don't have an iPad, you can use it on your laptop or iPhone...possible other devices too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josie,
    I had trouble setting up my blog too. Sometimes I feel like technology hates me, but I am persistent and refuse to let it defeat me. There is a place where you can store all of those usernames and passwords. It is called Evernote and it is actually already on our school laptops. You should check it out. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! Evernote sounds like my new best friend. I was just worrying about how I would remember my new Twitter account information, and now I have the answer :).

      Delete